donderdag 2 maart 2017

Look at me! I'm a tree!


Thx to this excellent tutorial that I can just keep looking at over I've made my first tree using the 0.6mm floral wire that I bought. My fingers hurt a bit, it took me a good 2 hours to get this far but with practice I can get that down I think. Well, it's a start.

It's not a huge tree by any means, and it won't be a winter tree but a barren desert tree, and may or may not get some greenery on it. I'll make a couple more so I get the hang of building them. I'll ask Evin to lasercut me some irregular bases for them, as I put this one on a round base and it just screamed "Warhammer!" at me and that's not the plan. When I have the bases, and a few trees, I can epoxy them on the bases and start coating them with woodglue to hide the wire.  I'll use the cut offs to make some shrubs I think.

Plenty of ideas and directions I can go in, tree wise.








Walls didn't happen today. Cleaning is almost done but I thought, to hell with it, and grabbed the box of wire and got cracking. Hey, I actually did something hobby wise, that counts! :D

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks a lot for the tutorial video and the inspirational pictures.
    I still lack the basic materials to get started but I hope to start making those in the near future too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Looking forward to seeing what you make of it Wouter :)

      Verwijderen
  2. Good looking armature, I look forward to seeing it completed. I've used acrylic paste in place of the latex, and also wrapped the armatures in floral tape and then applied acrylic paste to get bark-like textures. Depending on whether you use a heavier or thinner paste, you can create different textures to get more contrast between different types of trees.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen